Wednesday, Feb. 17, is National Random Acts of Kindness day where people spend the day doing good deeds. Random Acts of Kindness Day was created by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation as a global movement focused on good and unity through being kind. We’ve rounded up 10 Random Acts of Kindness Opportunities in Knoxville to inspire you for #RandomActsofKindnessDay.
- Donate to Random Acts of Flowers
- Check out the many ways to help Emerald Youth Foundation and make an impact
- Pay for someone’s coffee at Empty Cup
- Sign-up for a Keep Knoxville Beautiful community “spruce up” event
- Send a ‘Thank you’ card or note to the officers at your local police or fire station
- Support local and leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford
- Get involved with Young-Williams Animal Center
- Give the gift of reading to a young child in Knox County
- Bring a treat to your coworkers from VG’s Bakery
- Checkout The City of Knoxville’s starting point in locating volunteer opportunities in Knoxville, TN
Take action and carry out a Random Act of Kindness! It can take a short amount of time to leave a lasting impact on someone else through simple gestures, and being kind. We know that everyone can use more kindness in their lives.